How to Iron Hermes Silk Scarf
December 24, 2022
Ironing an Hermes silk scarf can intimidate some people. While many of us will send our soiled scarves for professional washing, there are also some who prefer to hand wash their much treasured scarves. The considerations for hand washing include avoiding the hand-rolled edges become flat because of ironing, costs of professional laundry for delicate materials and unintentional damage. Not all laundromats know how to handle Hermes scarves.
I wash and iron my silk scarves and the outcomes turned out just alright. With growing confidence, I am sharing with you how to I iron my silk scarves. The steps are really simple.
You need these items for the ironing:
- White muslin cloth
- Ironing board
These are the steps:
- Set your iron temperature to silk level.
- Cover the muslin cloth on the scarf.
- Iron the silk scarf with muslin cloth in between iron and scarf.
- Do not iron on the hand-rolled edges. The edges are supposed to be rounded.
- Be patient. It takes some time to iron out the crumpled scarf with silk-level temperature.